Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sunset Kisses

Hello! I had started this blog post a couple of days ago, as in getting the pictures ready for it, and then I left my laptop for a while when my system decided it was time for a restart for the updates to be in effect. :( I was so frustrated that it did it without my permission I decided the laptop and I needed a break for a while. So, now I'm back on it! lol
I already have a few looks lined up for the blog... so keep posted!!

Ooo and a mini rant today. On Instagram (my username: @geenabarret if you're interested :)), it kind of drives me crazy when I see someone's makeup look that I know, and their name is nowhere to be seen in a tag... or when I see a look, and I know who did it, it's used in some kind of makeup contest...and no tag to be found. So irritating. As a copy editor for the newspaper for my college and plagiarism ALWAYS being a complete NO-NO. I feel like it's plagiarism even if it is a photo sharing app, you know? Okay, just my vent for the day.
Speaking of Instagram, this look was actually inspired by this one picture I saw. Her username is @reenerneener if you wanted to look her up. She's gorgeous and so are her looks!






















Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette; Poison Plum, Flamepoint, Love +
Sugarpill Pressed Powder in Tako
Sugarpill Chromalust in Hysteric (Lower Lash line)
LA Splash Glitter in Lovable
LA Splash Glitter/Sealer Base
Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Oil Slick
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
Bare Minerals Volumizing Flawless Definition Mascara


24 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is gorgeous! So sparkly and colorful :) I'm definitely going to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see it! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous ! Sparklezzzzzzz ! Me loves :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I just recently picked up some more glitter too. So, you'll love it! :D

      Delete
  3. i love this look! the sparkles<3 lol! btw, i just followed you on instagram :) @jasmineacp

    xoxo,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I was already following you two :)

      Delete
  4. This is just breath taking! I love love love this one! And the glitter is just fab!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I super appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. I love this! The purple glitter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just picked up another kind of purple that I'm really stoked to use soon :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely job with the purple glitters!!

    http://glam-mania.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love orange an purple together! The glitter makes it even more fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think this look would be complete without the glitter here :)

      Delete
  8. Love the gorgeous sparkles.

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh her eyes!
    i agree with you completely on the plagiarism front..many people do it without even realising it.

    flysongbird

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hun. I nominated you for a blog award.
    http://beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.ca/2012/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, Ms. Geena! I just nominated you on another award. Please go and check it out!

    http://sillymree.blogspot.com/2012/04/first-of-all-im-really-sorry-for-not.html

    Thanks and congratulations! :)

    M'ree
    http://sillymree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty look Geena :) Please tell me what is the name of the orange shade you have used here,, looks super pretty.
    Great blog girl :) m ur new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    To find out, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh love the colors, it does look like a sunset very much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heyy, I nominated you for another award!

    http://singing-blue.blogspot.ca/2012/05/in-heat-of-summer-sunshine-another-song.html

    Let me know if you do it, I'd love to see :)

    Zia

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic blog!love your posts!
    follow you!if you want follow me back!

    ReplyDelete